- Attractive blue-green color.
- Short stature in sheath and blade length and less vertical posture resulting in extremely compact turf.
- Superior rate of spread and exceptional regrowth from rhizomes.
- Produces less thatch than any of the other known zoysia cultivars.
Jamur Zoysia Sod Grass
If there were ever a single turfgrass cultivar that every homeowner and landscape professional should be considering, JaMur Zoysia grass is the one. In fact, JaMur is considered by many to be the most versatile of all of the warm-season turfgrass varieties.
This attractive and extremely functional Zoysia grass developed from selections collected by world renowned USDA geneticist Jack Murray is taking the landscape industry by storm. This is due to JaMur’s minimal water usage and fertilization requirements, not to mention the fact that lawn maintenance just does not get much easier than this.
JaMur is similar in appearance to a dwarf variety of St. Augustine, without the insect problems associated with those varieties, while providing excellent shade tolerance capabilities. In addition, JaMur is considered a much-improved replacement for other Zoysia grass cultivars, including El Toro, Meyer, Palisades, Empire and Crown. Its attractive blue-green color is the ideal choice for high visibility and high traffic residential and commercial applications, as well as an excellent golf course rough and bunker face selection.
Please use the information on this page to choose the correct grass for your application. Feel free to call the S & K office at 407-892-3400 to speak to a sod professional.
Improved Plant Vigor
- The density of the turf, coupled with an extensive rhizome and root system, give JaMur excellent recovery characteristics and make it extremely drought resistant.
- JaMur’s area of adaptability runs well North into USDA growing zone seven, south into Mexico and from the Carolinas to California.
The National Turfgrass Evaluation Program (NTEP) reported JaMur to have a superior rate of spread and stolon frequency, comparable to El Toro (the most vigorous spreading of known zoysiagrass cultivars) and greater than all other tested varieties.
- Recommended mowing height with a rotary mower is between two and three inches.
- Annual fertilization rate is one to two pounds of nitrogen per 1000 square feet per year, using split applications in the spring and late summer to promote healthy growth into the fall and winter.
- All herbicides and fertilizers necessary for the maintenance of JaMur can be purchased at your local hardware store or plant nursery.
Certified Purity & Uniformity
- JaMur is licensed exclusively through The Turfgrass Group, Inc.
- JaMur is available only through a limited number of licensed certified producers in each state.
- JaMur is grown and sold under a rigorous set of rules and guidelines designed to promote on-going quality, purity and uniformity.
- Certification is the only method of assuring the consumer is receiving the variety they purchased.
- JaMur can only be produced and sold as a certified turfgrass, unlike many other varieties.
- Certification agencies in each state inspect all JaMur production fields regularly, protecting the interest of the consumer by providing a third party system of quality control.
St. Augustine Bitter Blue
Captive St. Augustine
Bermuda St. Augustine